Raffle Period #1
· 5 tickets for $15
· 10 tickets for $25
· 25 tickets for $50
· 50 tickets for $75
· 100 tickets for $100
The ticket pricing is subject to change based on special promotions or deals for individual events.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Participants must be (i) eighteen (18) years of age or older, (ii) legal U.S. residents, and (iii) present in the State of North Carolina at the time of ticket purchase in order to be eligible to win any prize(s). Volunteers, employees, directors, officers, temporary or contract employees, and agents of Cobras Sports Foundation, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Carolina Cobras, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising or promotional agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and immediate family members and members of the household of such employees are not eligible to win. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PURCHASE LOCATIONS. Tickets can be purchased online throughout the entirety of the raffle period.
5. WINNER SELECTION.
6. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning depend on the total number of Raffle tickets sold.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION/RELEASES. The winner will be announced on the jumbotron and additionally will be sent a text notifying them.
In order to claim a Raffle prize, potential winners should contact a Cobras Sports Foundation representative. Instructions on where to locate said representative will be delivered upon announcement of the winner. All prizes must be claimed in person or the prize will be forfeited and donated to the Cobras Sports Foundation. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s permission for the Sponsor and any of the Promotion Entities to use winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation. Grand Prize winners have thirty (30) calendar days from the date of the applicable drawing to redeem their winning ticket and claim their prize. After thirty (30) calendar days, unclaimed prizes will automatically be forfeited by the holder of the applicable winning ticket and will be retained by the Cobras Sports Foundation. The winner will be presented with their winnings during the game. If any winner is deemed ineligible, the applicable prize will automatically be forfeited, not awarded, and all retained by the Cobras Sports Foundation.
8. JURISDICTION AND RELEASE BY PRIZE WINNERS: The Raffle shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina applicable to raffles fully carried out within North Carolina. Except where prohibited by law, all winners, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release the Sponsor and the Promotion Entities from any and all liability for claims, actions or proceedings for injuries or damages sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while traveling to, preparing for or participating in the Raffle or any prize-related activity. In the event any such claims are allowed, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Raffle but in no event attorneys' and/or experts’ fees; and winners hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages (including attorneys’ fees), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Each winner acknowledges that no other party nor any agent or attorney of any other party has made any promise, representation or warranty whatsoever, express or implied, not contained herein concerning the subject matter hereof, to induce the winner to execute any document and winners acknowledge that they have not executed any document in reliance on any such promise, representation or warranty not contained herein. Any waiver by the Sponsor and its affiliates of any term of any document in a particular instance shall not be a waiver of such term for the future. Each winner agrees that the invalidity or enforceability of any part of any document shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any of the remainder of that document. By entering this Raffle, you consent to the laws of North Carolina as the governing laws and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of North Carolina.
9. ENTRANT’S PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Notwithstanding the immediately foregoing, by purchasing a Raffle ticket and providing personal contact information, each such purchaser opts-in and consents to the receipt of marketing materials, emails and telephone solicitations from the Promotion Entities and their respective affiliates. All future email communications will provide the opportunity to opt-out of all other future email communications.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of any ticket(s) at any point in the operation of this Raffle; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Raffle; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof. Entrants agree that the Sponsor (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Raffle or any Raffle-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein or elsewhere, the Cobras Sports Foundation, Inc and the Carolina Cobras and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, and volunteers are not responsible for Raffle tickets that are lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed, mutilated, or rendered illegible or invalid due to any other condition. The Grand Prize for the Raffle will be fifty percent (50%) of the net proceeds (gross proceeds less direct hardware and software licensing costs) from the cumulative sale of Raffle tickets during the Raffle Period.
11. SPONSOR. Cobras Sports Foundation, Inc., 1921 West Gate City Blvd, Greensboro, NC 27403
12. WINNER LIST. For the names of the prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Cobras Sports Foundation 50/50 Raffle Winner List, 1921 West Gate City Blvd, Greensboro, NC 27403.
13. TAXES. All winners are subject to IRS and North Carolina rules and regulations regarding gambling winnings. Winners of prizes over $600 will receive a W-2G from the Cobras Sports Foundation. Sponsor will not distribute monetary prizes to any winner without having received such winner’s signed IRS Form W-9. Any winner of a prize greater than $5,000 will have federal income tax withheld from their winnings in accordance with IRS guidelines and regulations while also receiving form W-2G.
14. GENERAL RELEASE. All other expenses related to the receipt and use of the prize(s) not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Raffle; violates these Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Raffle may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entry in Raffle constitutes your agreement to abide by these rules. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Raffle if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, the following reasons: infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond the control of the Sponsor, and Sponsor will have the right to select the Raffle prize winning tickets from amongst the eligible entries as of the time that any action is taken. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the entry will be deemed made by the holder of the winning Raffle ticket, unless such winning Raffle ticket has been signed or otherwise endorsed by another person, in which case, such other person will be deemed the winner of the applicable prize. Neither the Sponsor nor any of the Promotion Entities shall have any liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Raffle or any prize awarded. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Raffle or the redemption, use or misuse of any prize. In the event of any dispute regarding the Raffle rules, the decision of Sponsor is final.
15. Sponsor Contact: Ms. Tia McDaniel at (336) 455-7232
16. This Raffle is governed by North Carolina law without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.